Bamboo is a remarkable, sustainable, renewable resource. It is strong and resilient, yet the fabric from bamboo is amazingly soft and silky.
Better for you…
– Bamboo absorbs and evaporates sweat in a split second. It doesn’t stick to the skin. It’s extraordinary natural breathability keeps you comfortable and dry for longer.
– Bamboo fabric stays around 2 degrees cooler in hot weather and also keeps you significantly warmer in the cold.
– Bamboo is antibacterial, forever. By killing almost all bacteria, bamboo stays fresher and odor-free for longer, is more hygienic and healthier.
– For sensitive or allergy prone skin, bamboo is perfect. In production, there is a lack of harsh chemical treatments which can irritate skin. Bamboo fiber is smooth and round, so is a non-irritant. It contains a naturally-occurring, antibacterial (‘bamboo kun’) that resists the spread of bacteria on the skin without any adverse affects, such as abrasion or irritation.
-Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, mainly because it has extraordinary water absorbency which helps it to grow fast. In fabric form it retains this unique, remarkable property. It’s 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton. It ‘wicks’ away moisture from the body which then evaporates, keeping you – naturally – drier and more comfortable.
-Bamboo is antibacterial, antifungal and anti-static. In the wild, bamboo thrives naturally without using any pesticides or fertilizers. It is seldom eaten by pests or infected by pathogens. Why? Scientists found that bamboo owns a unique anti-bacteria and bacteriostasis bio-agent named “bamboo kun”. This substance bonds tightly with bamboo cellulose molecules during the normal process of bamboo fiber growth. This natural feature is retained in fabric form.
-Bamboo clothing has particular natural anti-bacterial functions, bacteriostasis and deodorization value. Its test results shows over 70% death rate after bacteria was incubated on bamboo fiber fabric. In addition, tests by the Japanese Textile Inspection Association found that, even after fifty washings, bamboo fabric still possessed these functions.
-Bamboo clothing is strong and durable. Repeated tests show this, and also that bamboo fiber has a high abrasion-proof capacity and also tenacity. The same bamboo is used for scaffolding to build skyscrapers in Hong Kong today!
Better for the environment…
– Bamboo thrives naturally without using any pesticides or fertilizers. On average, one-third of a pound of chemicals is used to produce the cotton needed for one traditional cotton t-shirt!
– Bamboo fiber is 100% biodegradable
– As the fastest growing plant in the world, bamboo grows to its maximum height in about 3 months and reaches maturity in 3-4 years. It spreads rapidly across large areas. Because of this, bamboo is known to improve soil quality in degraded and eroded areas of land.
– As bamboo clothing becomes popular, it means more bamboo plantations, which means more photosynthesis and less greenhouse gas. “The greatest challenge facing mankind” would get just a little easier.